Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sisters


I just got back from my annual Mother's Day weekend with my sisters at the Mall of America. Here I am, modeling the flapper-style hat that I bought yesterday at Maurice's. I buy hats to sell but never wear them myself - but my sisters insisted!

You might not guess it from the photo (I'm pretty good at faking perky) but I am completely exhausted from having spent the night talking with my sisters until nearly 4 a.m.

What do five middle-aged women (all of us, mothers and most of us, wives) find ourselves talking about in the wee hours of the morning? Well to give you an idea, I recall saying at one point: "Okay, now which body part haven't we covered yet?" For some reason, we seem to find the aging female body an endless source of amusement. None of us can boast a perfect body (or sex life) - so I say, thank God we can at least laugh about it!

I've got great sisters.  My sister Kathy surprised me at lunch with a little gift.  "I've been meaning to give this to you for a while," she said as she reached into her purse and pulled out a lovely brooch.  It was my grandmother's - probably from the 1950's or 1960's. 

I haven't got a thing to wear with it - yet.  But I'm sure I'll come up with something soon.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments - it's what makes blogging fun! C'mon, let's get a conversation going...

Related Posts with Thumbnails