Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sarsaparilla Saturday: Waldorf Tissue Presents "Bobby Crybaby"

.
Happy Saturday morning to you!  

I've been up since 5 a.m., sipping a latte and paging through a couple of vintage Movie Story magazines (an eBay purchase) that arrived in the mail the other day.  These magazines are full of little surprises.  I'm having so much fun!

Here's a quirky ad for Waldorf's Scott Tissue from the August 1938 issue of Movie Story that I couldn't resist sharing with you.  Gosh, who would have thought that toilet tissue could be so dangerous!  Mother should have known better...









I hope you'll join me next week for another Sarsaparilla Saturday.  I'll be on the lookout for some more fun to satisfy the kid in you...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh.
    Its amazing what you can find in old magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wasn't this a crazy ad! The thing with these old ads is that some of the quirkiest ones are pretty small, and when you're paging through a magazine they can be easy to miss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! This is hilarious....!!!! I wish a role of Tp still coat 5 cents;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Alexis,
    I'm glad you bumped into my blog. If you hadn't, I might not have found yours. I took a peek last night at your wonderful poetry! You have quite a talent. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments - it's what makes blogging fun! C'mon, let's get a conversation going...

Related Posts with Thumbnails