Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thirties Thursday: Judy Garland and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" 1939

.
Each week on Thursday, I'll be featuring music, films or fashions from the 1930's.

I'm starting things off with a classic from my personal all-time favorite film,"The Wizard of Oz" - 1939. Here's the unforgettable Judy Garland singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." (Courtesy of Monteinke, YouTube.  The subtitles are in Portuguese - lovely!)

No matter how many times I hear Judy Garland sing this, I'm always completely enchanted. Enjoy...

1 comment:

  1. I saw this on t.v. the other day... She's so amazing! Wise beyond her years if you ask me... She was so young here! I bet she had a lot of big dreams, some already realized.

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments - it's what makes blogging fun! C'mon, let's get a conversation going...

Related Posts with Thumbnails